September 1 - October 3
The Coralville Public Library is taking submissions for the Cooking Up History Coralville 150th Video Contest. Pick a recipe from Coralville’s 100th or 125th Anniversary Cookbooks to cook/bake and make a video about it. The winning video in each category—children, teen, & adult—will receive a Coralville gift basket.
Digital copies of the 100th & 125th Cookbooks can be found on the Coralville Digital History Library.
There is a single copy of the 125th Cookbook available for use in the Library. Photocopies of recipes can be made in the Community Resources room.
Please ask a Librarian for help if you have any issues accessing the cookbooks.
- Tell us which cookbook and recipe you chose.
- Tell us about and/or show the cooking/baking of the recipe.
- Minimum video length is 30 seconds, maximum video length is 5 minutes.
- Video submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 3, 2023. Contact reference—email@example.com or 319-248-1850—if you need help submitting your video.
- The contest form, found below, must be filled out and submitted by October 3, 2023.
- One video submission per person.
- The contest winner will be announced in October. Library staff will choose three finalists for each category. There will be a public vote on the Library’s website and social media to determine the winners.
- Submitted videos will be available on the Library website and on the Library’s social media.
- Do I have to follow the recipe exactly?
No, you are welcome to modify the recipe to meet your dietary needs and preferences.
- How are the winners chosen?
The top three videos for each category, chosen by library staff, will be put up to a public vote on social media in October.