The purpose of the Library’s displays is to increase awareness of the Library’s resources and to fulfill its mission to promote intellectual freedom, life-long learning and the enhancement of cultural and leisure activities.
The Coralville Public Library provides display facilities for public use. Public displays must meet one of the following criteria:
- Highlight current issues, events or other subjects of public interest.
- Display high quality original art, crafts, photographs or writings created by Iowa artists or contained in traveling exhibits.
- Explain the activities of, or interest to, local organizations and agencies engaged in educational, recreational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities.
- Increase awareness of some topic related to the State of Iowa and/or its history
- Reservations are made through the Collection Development Librarian. Email: email@example.com or call the library at 319-248-1850
- Reservations must be made at least one week but no more than 12 months in advance.
- Display Areas are to be reserved by the month.
Public Display Areas
All display areas are lockable, glass-fronted, enclosed cabinets with shelves.
- Iowa Display This display cabinet is in the adult wing of the library near the Iowa Collection and public computers. It is preferred that displays relate to the State of Iowa and/or its history. There are full or half sized adjustable glass shelves that may be removed. Dimensions: Width: 6’ 9” Depth: 12” Height: 5’11”
- Community Resources Room Display This cabinet is located on the back wall of the Community Resources room. There are full or half sized adjustable glass shelves that may be removed. Dimensions of the case: Width: 6’ 10” Depth: 10” Height: 4’6”
- Public Display Kiosk This is a movable cabinet that has a display window on one side and is open for books and handouts on the other. It is our smallest but most visible case, and we frequently pair the display with related library books to check out. Each side has 3 non-adjustable shelves that are 1’ 2” apart, but the shelves may be removed. Dimensions of each side: Width: 3’ Depth: 1’ Height: 3’6”
Groups or individuals providing the display must supply labor and/or equipment needed to prepare install and remove the display.
The display space must be left in the same condition in which it was found when installing the display. Unless materials and mounting hardware are removed as scheduled without resulting damage to display space, the group or individual may be refused future use and/or required to pay for clean up and damages.
Recommended mounting materials include thumbtacks, push pins, staples, velcro or painter’s tape. Please DO NOT USE double sided foam tape, sticky labels, nails, or any tape other than painter’s tape.