During the month of January the Coralville Public Library is taking submissions for our 2nd annual Blind Date with a Cookbook Video Contest. Pick up your Blind Date (a brown paper covered cookbook which you are welcome to keep) at the Library. Pick a recipe to cook/bake and make a video about it. The winning video in each category—children, teen, & adult—will receive a $50 Hy-Vee gift card.
for donating our prizes!
- Introduce your blind date cookbook and tell us which recipe you chose to try.
- Tell us about and/or show the cooking/baking of the recipe.
- Minimum video length is 30 seconds, maximum video length is 5 minutes.
- Be creative and challenge yourself to try something new!
- Video submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by January 31, 2023. Contact reference—firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-248-1850—if you need help submitting your video.
- The contest form, found below, must be filled out and submitted by January 31, 2023.
- One video submission per person.
- The contest winner will be announced in February. Library staff will choose three finalists for each category. There will be a public vote on the Library’s website and social media to determine the winner.
- Submitted videos will be available on the Library website and on the Library’s social media.
- Do I have to make a video to participate in the challenge?
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to take a Blind Date Cook Book and participate in the challenge – make a recipe from a mystery cook book. To be eligible for the the contest prize you need to make a video.
- Do I have to follow the recipe exactly?
No, you are welcome to modify the recipe to meet your dietary needs and preferences.
- How are the winners chosen?
The top three videos for each category, chosen by library staff, will be put up to a public vote the first week in February.